If an advertisement insults our intelligence, you should not buy the product -- Richard Feynmann
I'm currently boycotting various corporations and entieties because of
the rubbish they do, becaue their commercials question my intelligence,
or because they behave like villains, robber-barons and big brother.
Using patents as weapon
- Amazon.com -- for a lawsuit on a "one-click shopping" patent.
- Patent Offices -- for being a bad idea
- Unisys -- lzw-compression patent enforcing
- Akamai.net -- allegedly Digital Island violated their patents.
- British Telecom -- patent on Hyperlinks. How stupid can you get?
Enforcing copyright while violating "fair-use"
- Sony Pictures Entertainment -- DVD lawsuits, MP3 lawsuits
- Universal Music -- MP3 lawsuits
- EMI -- MP3 lawsuits
- Polygram -- MP3 lawsuits
- Bob Dylan -- for using traditional chords but supporting lengthening
copyright-duration for another 20 years. What a bigot.
- The Chamber Brothers -- Copyright bullying, sueing MP3.com
- The Coasters -- Copyright bullying, sueing MP3.com
- The Original Drifters -- Copyright bullying, sueing MP3.com
- Metallica -- Sueing Napster Inc. and Universities which have not
- Dr. Dre -- Also sueing Napster Inc.
- Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Disney Enterprises, Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits, cheesy cartoons, plus
lengthening the copyright from 70 to 95 years; while using heavily
public domain material like "Aladdin". Bigots.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Paramount Pictures Corporation -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- TriStar Pictures, Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- United Artists Pictures, Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- United Artists Corporation -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Universal City Studios, Inc. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Warner Bros., a Division of Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P. -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Motion Pictures Association of America (MPAA) -- DVD/DeCSS lawsuits
- Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) -- MP3 lawsuits
- Business Software Alliance (BSA) -- Copyright bullying
- Software Piracy Agency (SPA) -- Copyright bullying
Otherwise doing bullshit
- Applied Digital Technologies -- for producing Big Brother equipment
- Hasbro -- for doing bullshit with ex-Avalon Hill products
- Mattel -- for CyberPatrol blocking criticism on CyberPatrol and
sueing People criticising it.
- McDonalds -- for trashy products
- Microsoft -- for trashy products, playing monopoly, microsoft keyboards,
proprietary file formats and much much more.
- Doubleclick.net -- for spying on web-users
- Etoys.com -- for domain bullying against etoy.
- Real Networks (Realaudio) -- for spying on users
- National Security Agency (NSA) -- spying out the whole world
Either they play nice or I'll boycott them as well.
- Sun Microsystems
Peter Keel, 18.02.2002